It’s time to take another trip down memory lane. Flashback with me for a moment, will ya? Imagine sitting on your bed in your NKOTB bed sheets, chatting on this phone…take a look around…..I KNOW these 13 posts were on your wall!
1. Oh hello Mike Seaver! I don’t know one girl who didn’t have a poster of Kirk Cameron on her wall..he WAS the dreamboat of our generation. Who knew that he would grow up to be such a conservative square?
2. I had the hardest time selecting just ONE New Kids on the Block poster, because I literally had ALL of them hung up on my wall…I was such a huge fan that my entire room was plastered with pics of NKOTB. P.S. Danny aka Puff McCloud was my favorite!
3. Wax on, Wax off. You know what I’m talking about. Every girl fell in love with Ralph Machio and dreamed of having a cruel summer with him on the beach!
5. & 6. We could NOT write about 80s posters and heartthrobs and NOT include “the Corey’s” you know them as Corey Haim & Corey Feldman!
7. Back when she went by Debbie Gibson (now Deborah!) she was every 80’s girls best friend singing girly anthems like Electric Youth and Lost in your Eyes…don’t even try to tell me you didn’t slow dance to that song!
9. Rich Schroeder? Oh you know you watched Silver Spoons just to get a glimpse of those baby blues and blonde hair!
10. Sometimes life is not fair. Which is the case when this 80’s heartthrob River Phoenix passed away so early in life. Best known for his role in Stand by Me, he earned a spot on my wall because of his edginess :)
11. I used to love Tiffany…I really did…until I found out she was dating one of my boyfriends…Jonathan Knight of NKOTB. I know not all of you felt that way, so I added her to this list…because I’m sure you had her up on your wall too!
12. OH EM GEE! How did I forget about Brian Bloom! Those baby blue eyes and dark black hair, I had super crush on this dude and am now frantically Googling his name so I can see what he’s up to nowadays!
13. Johnny Depp – Who knew that this 80’s boy toy would turn into one of the greatest and well respected actors today? I didn’t care about all of that at the time, I just wanted to get inside his leather jacket ;)
Looking through this fantastic list of 80’s posters, I can only wonder..do girls even put posters on their walls now? Or do they just create Pinterest boards for their favorite boy toys? I say we bring back bedroom posters! :)