I took a trip down memory lane today and was remembering all of the sweet and styling beauty products that we used to have in the 80s. I was in middle school at the time and I can remember that my Caboodle carrier held like totally possibly everything that ever meant something to me.
Below you will find the top 15 items that I personally had in my Caboodle and I know every other 80’s girl did too!
1. Kissing Koolers – Do you remember how amazing these smelled? So good I wanted to eat them! The Peppermint & Chocolate Mint were my faves..although the Strawberries & Cream was a close second!
2. Electric Youth Perfume- You know a perfume is good when it’s named after an album..or is it the other way around? Either way, Debbie Gibson had a huge hit on her hands with this perfume. I remember going through bottles of this stuff..it’s really the scent of my middle school years!
3. Clairol Benders Hair curlers – These gave you like the best waves ever! NOT! Every time I used these things I got a head full of crazy waves and curls going ever which way!
4. Tee Shirt Clips – Just when you thought Tee shirts couldn’t get any better looking, tee shirt clips were born! In the 80’s all the cool girls used these tee shirt clips to tighten their shirts to one side, perhaps to match their side ponytail?
5. Rave Hairspray – Every 80s girl knew the importance of skyscraper high bangs which is why she ALWAYS had a can of Rave hairspray around!
6. Hair Pick – Speaking of BANGS…any 80’s girl knows that you need a hair pick to get just the right height on your bangs!
7. Scrunchies (lots of em!) – Almost as important as the high bangs was the killer side ponytail which could only be accomplished with the help of a color coordinating scrunchie…or several!
8. Plastic Charm Necklace – Let’s not forget the accessories, right? Every 80’s girl BEGGED to go grocery shopping with their mom just so they could get more plastic charms for their charm necklaces which were found in the grocery store lobby gum machines!
9. Maybelline Kissing Potion Lip Gloss – Please tell me that I was not the only one who used to pop out the rollerball and put in my mouth! These things were so delicious..i can’t even….
10. Teen Spirit Deodorant – Technically this deodorant only came out in 1991, but every single 80s girl I know had Teen Spirit deodorant in their caboodles. Paging Kurt Cobain…the 80s girls loved you :)
11. Conair Impressions Hair Stampers – Yes. Yes. Yes. The only thing better than a hair crimper was this Conair Hair Stamper which actually imprinted shapes into your hair….as long as your hair was straight and didn’t move….at all! See how happy this girl is…I need this hair stamper in my life STAT!
12. Malibu Musk Perfume – Confession…Malibu Musk was my GO-TO perfume for middle school school dances. In the 6th grade, I dated a kid named Ben and I remember he told me I smelled good once..so I wore it NON-stop for 3 years!
13. Salon Selectives Shampoo – Um..hi, my name is Chrystie and Salon Selectives shampoo and conditioner were my jam in the 80’s. Do you remember how they smelled like apples?
14. Swatch Watch & Matching Guards – Do you remember those super cool Swatch Watches with the interchangeable guards? I couldn’t afford the original Swatches when I was a kid, so I had to settle for some knockoffs from Ames, but they were da bomb. Mix & Match to coordinate with all of your favorite neon or pastel outfits!
15. Avon Scented Pen Bracelet – When I found this bracelet on Pinterest, I just about spit out my coffee! I had this bracelet..I mean all the cool girls did! It was a scented bracelet that *surprise* was also a pen! Talk about double duty!
There you have it, all of the 80s goodness wrapped into one post. It kinda makes you wish you had taken your teacher up on that time capsule idea and buried your Caboodle somewhere under your mom’s porch, right?